Manage your folder's notes by adding them to your timeline, so you can see everything in one place. From the Folio sidebar in Gmail or from the timeline site itself, just click on the blue "add" button.
Document the important details
To add a note to your timeline, input your note in the title field at the top, or click on the "More options" head to type into the description box. (Only the title field is required.)
Share your notes with teammates (or keep them to yourself!)
To control who can see the note, click on the "Everyone on the shared timeline" section. You can choose to share your note with everyone on the timeline or those who have editing permissions. You can also keep the note private.
It's also possible to only share your note and not the entire timeline with someone. The note will be captured in an email notification and sent to the person's email address. They won't receive a link to the timeline or be able to access it. To only share your note with someone, follow these steps:
- When adding a note, click on "More options".
- Click into the description field. Type the @ symbol and enter the person's email address.
- You can add more information as needed.
- Click "save" to add the note to your timeline.
- You'll be prompted to share only the item or share the timeline.
Quickly access your notes
After you save your note, it'll be saved in the "Other items" section of the timeline. Anytime you want to view your notes, you can click on the timeline tab in the Gmail sidebar or navigate to the full timeline site.
Tips and tricks:
- You can create separate notes for the details that you want to share and the information that you want to keep private. You would do this by adding an item that you call "Shared Notes" and setting the item's visibility to "Everyone on the shared timeline" or "Only me and people with edit permissions". Then you would make a separate item called "Private Notes" and set that item's visibility to "only me".
- Instead of creating a separate note every time you want to add a note, you can create one note and edit it whenever you have new information.