Manage your folder's notes by adding them to your timeline, so you can see everything in one place. From the Folio sidebar in Gmail or from the timeline site itself, just click on the blue "add" button.
Document the important details
To add a note to your timeline, input your note in the description or notes fields. (Only the description field is required.)
Share your notes with teammates (or keep them to yourself!)
To control who can see the note, click on the "Everyone on the shared timeline" section. You can choose to share your note with everyone on the timeline or those who have editing permissions. You can also keep the note private.
Quickly access your notes
After you save your note, it'll be saved in the "Other items" section of the timeline. Anytime you want to view your notes, you can click on the timeline tab in the Gmail sidebar or navigate to the full timeline site.
Tips and tricks:
- You can create separate notes for the details that you want to share and the information that you want to keep private. You would do this by adding an item that you call "Shared Notes" and setting the item's visibility to "Everyone on the shared timeline" or "Only me and people with edit permissions". Then you would make a separate item called "Private Notes" and set that item's visibility to "only me".
- Instead of creating a separate note every time you want to add a note, you can create one note and edit it whenever you have new information.
Update for Real Estate users:
We are gradually rolling out this functionality to all of our Real Estate users. If your account has been updated and you can view the features described in this article, you will notice the following additional changes:
- New notes can no longer be added to the notes tab.
- Existing notes cannot be edited. You can still access them and copy their contents from our website. We are working on making it possible to copy and paste your notes from the Gmail sidebar.
- We have removed the notes tab for new folders and existing folders that did not have any notes.