This article is for users of Folio for Real Estate. Using Folio in another industry? Learn more here.
With your help and feedback, our team is constantly making Folio better. Below are some of the bug fixes, improvements, and new features we've added to the product in the past year.
- Fix: If you had a long list of contacts, you could not edit some of them from the contacts tab in the Gmail sidebar. The editing menu now appears for all contacts.
- Improvement: The templates page now loads faster! This will be particularly noticeable if your templates contained a lot of events/information.
- Improvement: When you add the "Completed" status to a timeline item, we disable any email and SMS reminders for the item. Now, the notifications/reminders are also removed from the corresponding calendar event.
- Improvement: We have added a slight shadow over the timeline image in the Gmail sidebar, so that the folder name, tab titles, and menu buttons pop out and are easier to read.
- Fix: While updating our timeline event status colors, we accidentally switched the status text to white, so you couldn't read it when glancing at the timeline. This has been fixed, and during this time, we also updated everyone's statuses to an updated color scheme.
- Fix: If you edit a folder and switch it to "new construction and vacant lots", your changes are now saved.
- Fix: After updating your payment information and paying your past-due invoice, the reminder banner would not disappear. It now goes away after your invoice has been paid.
- Fix: For under-contract folders, we were not sharing folder contacts that had defined roles when you shared a folder with another Folio user. Now when someone accepts your folder invitation, they will see your contacts in their folder. (The contact must have a role and must be in your folder before you share the folder.)
- Fix: We fixed various issues with timeline templates not loading or applying from the webapp homepage.
- Fix: If you applied a timeline template and provided us with the key event dates, we would create events from the template, but we wouldn't automatically calculate the dates for those events. This has been fixed.
- Improvement: If you checked the "new construction and vacant lots" box and manually inputted an address, our system would still verify the address with our partners. If our partners found a matching address, we would use this address instead of the one that you inputted. However, the address was often incorrect. We no longer do this.
- Fix: For some users, the "Conversations" tab in the folder's web view would not load the emails that were in their Smart Folder. This has been resolved.
- Improvement: When someone that you shared a pre-contract timeline with visits the timeline, you'll receive an email notification.
- Fix: Asking for a review is available in the Gmail sidebar/Chrome extension again.
- Fix: If you rejected a timeline invitation for an address that you already had in your account, your folder for the transaction would be deleted. This has been fixed.
- Fix: Using the "transaction fell through" tool no longer adds duplicate key events to your timeline.
- Fix: We have addressed various issues related to anchor events, including the "continue setup" prompt appearing when it shouldn't.
- Fix: In some cases, events did not appear in chronological order on the timeline. This was fixed in the webapp on April 25th, and the Chrome extension was updated on April 30th.
- New feature: You can now create your own anchor dates! This feature allows you to create a key event that other events are dependent on. The anchor dates and dependencies can be set up from your timeline templates.
- Fix: We no longer create under-contract Smart Folder suggestions for an address, if a pre-contract seller folder already exists for the address.
- Fix: The timeline sidebar is now available in the Chrome extension for Gmail again.
- Fix: It was possible to grant us access to your Google Contacts without enabling every required permission. This led to issues syncing Folio with Google Contacts. This is no longer possible.
- Fix: In some cases, the date picker/calendar wasn't fully visible during Smart Folder setup, when using the Chrome extension for Gmail. This has now been fixed.
- Improvement: You can now exclude weekends and business days for individual events on the timeline template. Previously, they would be excluded for all events or no events on the template.
- Fix: Timeline photos can be customized from the Gmail sidebar again.