We make it easy for you to work on a project with your clients, colleagues, and other third parties. Every Smart Folder comes with a beautiful board website, where you can add tasks and notes and share them with others. This keeps everyone on track and on the same page.
You can share a board with either view-only or editing permissions. Both options allow someone to view the board, but someone with editing permissions can change the contents of the board.
If you share with "view only" permission, the recipient gets access to the board website as a viewer.
- They'll receive an email invitation to the board
- They can access it from any device
- They'll receive email reminders for the events on which you set reminders
- They'll be notified when you make changes to the board
If you share with "can edit" permission, the recipient gets access to the board website as an editor. They'll get all the same benefits and notifications as "viewers" do, but they'll also be able to edit the board.
A board editor can edit the board from desktop and mobile without installing the Chrome extension. They must set up a Folio account to edit the board and be signed into their account to view the items that they have permission to see.
Share a board
Step 1: Create a Smart Folder and set up the board
Before you can share a board, you will need to create a Smart Folder and add tasks and notes to its board.
Step 2: Share the board
- In Gmail, select your Smart Folder.
- From your Folio sidebar, click on the “board” tab.
- Click on the “share” button to choose the people with whom to share the board.
- Enter or select your contact(s).
- Click on the eye icon button and select the visibility permission: “View only” or “Can edit”
- Click on the “review invitation note” tab to send the recipients a custom message. The board invitation email will come directly from the email address tied to your Folio account.
- Click on “Save Changes".
You can also preview the board website and indicate the recipient’s role. The role is only shown to you and is purely informational.
What happens next?
We will send an email notification to your recipient. They will see your invitation note and can access the board from the link in the email.
Only share a specific board item
If you need to loop in someone on a specific task or note, but you don’t want them to have access to the entire board, you have the option to only share an individual board item.
- Create a board item.
- Click on the “add notes” button.
- In the notes field, type the @ symbol and the recipient’s email address.
- Click the “save” button.
We will then show you this message:
If you choose to only share this particular item, we will send an email notification about the item to the recipient. The board will not be shared with them.