When you click into a Folio Smart Folder in Gmail, the "Contacts" tab on the timeline sidebar lists everyone who was found in an email associated with the transaction.
Adding a new contact
Just in case we've missed someone, you can easily add them yourself.
Click "Add Contact", and then you'll see this window open up:
- An email address, and name are required to save the contact.
- Click "ADD" to add the contact.
- Identifying or adding contacts does not automatically invite them to the timeline.
- A contact will not receive emails about a timeline unless they are specifically invited to the timeline.
- We do not organize all emails that you receive from someone who is listed as a contact on the folder. Learn how to organize your emails here.
Editing a contact
Find the relevant contact, and click the three-dot button to the right of their name.
- From here, you can opt to edit the contact's details or remove them from the Smart Folder contact list.
- You can opt to also remove any emails from them from the folder.
- You can also click on "View timeline share settings" to see whether or not you have shared the Smart Folder timeline with this contact, and then edit the sharing settings to share the timeline with "view only" or "can edit" permissions. Learn more about sharing the timeline here.
Move contacts to the top of the list
Click on the star next to the contact's name to move them to the top of the list.