As a Folio Pro user, you can easily request a PDF containing all of the emails that are part of your Smart Folder. You'll be able to download the file and store it wherever you need.
How to download a PDF from Gmail
- Install the Chrome extension.
- In Gmail, select your Smart Folder.
- Find the 3-dot menu button on the top right of the sidebar and then click on "Download emails as PDF".
- You will receive an email with a link to the PDF file within 24 hours.
- The PDF does not include attachments included in your emails.
- Add firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com to your contacts to help ensure that you receive our emails.
Frequently asked questions
Some of my emails are missing
Folio will only capture emails that are in the Smart Folder. If an important email is missing, make sure it's in the folder. You can manually move missing emails into the folder and then download the PDF again.
Emails that were forwarded to your inbox will only show the top of the thread and the first response. It will not include the whole thread.
It's been over 24 hours, and I have not received the PDF email
A few scenarios could be impacting the delivery of your PDF.
- Check your spam or trash folders to verify the email did not end up there
- If you changed your email password recently, try logging into Folio again, and re-download
- If the above does not help, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.
I can't find the Folio sidebar button
- Make sure you are viewing Gmail on Google Chrome with the Folio extension installed.
- Refresh Gmail if you do not see the Folio icon in your icon tray on the right side of your inbox.
- If refreshing doesn’t resolve the issue, please reinstall Folio from the Chrome Extension store.
The link does not work
Verify when the email was received, as the link is only valid for seven days. Download a new PDF if the link has expired.
I got a warning that the email contains a virus
- Due to the nature of the email and the link to a PDF, some antivirus software may consider the email to be malicious.
- We commonly see this happen with Avast Antivirus. Please add Folio as an exception to avoid this issue in the future.