Save time and curate a tailored experience for your clients.
You can create a template for your listing and escrow timelines, so you don't need to manually re-enter your most common, important events for every transaction.
By default, all users have a buyer and listing template. You can edit or add to these, and create a template that works well for you.
Paid subscribers, however, can create as many templates as they need.
Create a template
Templates can only be managed on our website.
1. Go to the templates page in your account.
2. Edit the default buyer or listing templates, or add your own.
3. Add your own events to the template by clicking on a suggestion, or by clicking "Add date".
4. And you're done!
Now, when you create a new transaction, you'll be able to apply your template as needed. It's that simple.
A few things worth noting here:
- You can offset your template events by any key date (e.g. before offer accepted, after closing date). When your template is applied, if you've provided a date for the key events, the offsets will be applied.
- Your template can use the default headline (e.g. "34 days till closing") based on a timeline's key dates, or you can change that to a custom headline. Simply click the pencil icon, and change the headline as needed. The headline will appear at the top of every timeline that uses the template, so keep this generic.
- Service providers and resources can be added to all buyer or seller timelines. This can be configured from their respective settings pages. You cannot add specific providers and resources to specific timeline templates.
Can I create more than one template?
If you have a paid subscription, you can create unlimited custom templates to cover different situations like cash only deals, new construction, or out-of-state transactions.
What events should I add to my templates?
All of them! The events can be set to trigger before or after the key dates (listing, offer accepted, and closing date). This means you can add all your events that involve before going under contract and all the way through closing. Folio will only populate the dates into the timeline once you add the necessary key date.
I don't want all the events to be seen. Can I limit who sees them?
Yes, you can create private and semi-private events by using visibility options.
I represent both parties -- is there a dual agency template?
When you create a dual agency transaction, your system listing template will be automatically applied. However, if you're a paid subscriber, you can create a custom listing template for those special situations.
Can I change a template's type after it is created?
No. Please double-check that you're selecting the right type when you create your template. There are two types: buyer and listing.
When is a template applied?
A template is applied when a new transaction is created and at least one contact has their role identified during the second step.
If you created a custom template, the third and final step will provide an option to select your customized template.
Why can't I apply my template?
Can multiple templates be applied to a timeline?
No, only one template can be applied at a given time.
I updated my template. Will the changes automatically be applied to my existing timelines?
No, but you can apply the template to existing timelines. It's super easy!