Folio has a 1-to-1 relationship with the individual email account it was connected to when you first signed up. Changing the email address in your profile is not sufficient for Folio to be associated with the new email address. Before making any changes, it's important to understand how your email accounts are related to each other and what you want to see happen going forward.
In most cases, you will likely need to create a new Folio account with your new email address.
Good questions to ask
- Is your new email account completely separate from your current one?
- Is your new email associated with or linked to your current account in some way?
- Did you sign up with Folio with one email account (firstname.lastname@example.org) but changed your profile email to show your branded email address (email@example.com)?
- Did you change domains or move to a new email host?
- Not sure? We can help!
New Email Address
If your email address is entirely separate from your old email address, create a new Folio account.
- Go to to https://www.amitree.com/try-folio/
- Sign up by clicking on “Folio for Gmail” or “Folio for Outlook”
- Use your relevant email credentials to create your new account
Note: if you changed your profile email to show your new email, please replace this with your old email. Then you'll be able to sign up for a new account under the new email.
Provided you updated your domain in the original email account you signed up with Folio, the settings option in your email should allow you to continue using Folio as is.
Just update your email in your profile, so we can send updates to the correct email address.
However, if this not the case, you will likely need to create a brand new Folio account with your new domain.
Googlemail to Gmail Domain Change
Google provides an option for users with Amirah.Smith@googlemail.com to change to Amirah.Smith@gmail.com. This change will break your current Folio account. Please sign up for a brand new account.
Migrating to G Suite/Google Workspace
Similar to having a new email address, Folio will not link to your new G Suite/Google Workspace email account. Please sign up for a brand new account.
- Do not delete your current account. This is permanent and will delete your folders and timelines.
- Smart Folders and timeline ownership are not transferable. However, you can share the timelines with your new account. This will enable you to manage the timelines from both accounts, although the ownership remains with the former account.
- Folio cannot help with moving emails or documents to your new inbox.
- If you have a paid subscription, follow these steps to transfer your subscription to your new account.
- Did you put in a lot of work into your templates, resources, or service providers? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to copy those over.
- Folio may have a difficult time recognizing which account you are attempting to access if you are continuously switching between the accounts on the same browser (not just the window or tab). We highly recommend setting up separate Google Chrome Profiles, so each Folio-related account has its own home.