This article is for Real Estate professionals on all plans. Custom templates are available to Pro and Team plan subscribers.
Did you create a new custom template you prefer to use, or did you change your existing template and want to update your timeline? Once your transaction is created, you can change or re-apply a template to the timeline. It’s quick and easy to do.
How to apply a template from the Folio sidebar in Gmail
- In Gmail, select any email related to the Folder in question.
- Click on the three-dot menu at the top-right of the Folio sidebar.
- Click on "Apply timeline template" and select your template.
- Review the confirmation window and confirm by clicking "Apply."
How to apply a template from the Folio website:
- Visit the main web app page, amitree.com/folio
- Find your transaction and click on the three-dot menu on the right
- Click on "Apply timeline template" and select your template
- Review the confirmation window and confirm by clicking "Apply"
Please note that all your current timeline events will be cleared out.
If you change a template, it will not automatically update existing timelines that use it. You will have to apply the same template to your timeline. Please note, it will clear out existing dates.
Changing key dates does not update other events
The date logic for events is only applied when you initially add your key dates. If you change a key date (i.e., estimated closing date) it will not update events based on that date. However, you can change the dates and re-apply the template, but it will impact all events. Start by clearing out the key dates before you apply the template to reset the date logic.
I can't apply the template I created
Are you missing template options when trying to apply your template? The options that are available will depend on your representation. If you created the transaction as a listing, only custom templates based on the listing templates will be selectable. However, you can always change the representation by editing the transaction or you can recreate the template.