We understand that referring colleagues to try a new tool can sometimes be challenging. That’s why we prepared this quick guide to help you spread the good word to your fellow real estate professionals and make money in the process.
To make the most of our referral program, here are some tips:
Best places to share your link:
- 1:1 emails, texts, and messages: If you know someone in the real estate industry well enough, we find sending your unique referral link to them directly via email, text, or your messenger of choice to be very successful. They’ll get a great deal for using Folio and you’ll get rewarded! It’s a win-win situation. 😉
- Email Newsletters: If you send out a regular newsletter, it can be a fantastic spot to include your referral link. Just remember, sending a link to your subscribers and asking them to buy something isn't enough. You'll want to use a little nuance and add some context to it or just include one of the text links we are providing.
- Social Media
- Instagram Stories: If you're active on Instagram, using the Stories feature gives a life of its own to talk about Folio and your referral link. Make sure to include your referral link in your “Link Stickers” when adding a story. Additionally, you can also put it on your bio for better visibility and more commissions.
- Tiktok Profile: If you spend a lot of time on Tiktok and you create content, then make sure to add your referral link to your bio and talk about it in your videos.
- Facebook Page: If you have a Facebook Page, you have plenty of options for incorporating your referral link. You can place it in your page description, create a post with one of the banner images we are going to give you, or share a video talking about Folio.
- Facebook groups: As long as it complies with the group's policies, sharing your link with your small communities on Facebook has proven successful. The referral assets that we provide to you can be a great addition to your post.
- Twitter Profile: Your Twitter bio presents a great opportunity to add your referral link if you are active there.
- LinkedIn: As we all know, LinkedIn is the most professional social network and it’s the perfect place to share your referral link with your connections. You can place the link in your profile, share it as part of an article, or use one of the suggested social media posts that we are providing you as part of your membership in the Referral Program.
- TIP: Adding your referral link to every possible place will only increase your chances of getting more commissions.
- Linktree (on any Social Media): If you're a Linktree user, this is proven to be the most popular option for adding your referral link. It is very easy to do it and it is an evergreen way to surface your link to your colleagues and other real estate professionals.
- Blog posts: If you're someone who writes blog posts about the real estate industry, feel free to add your referral link where it makes sense. Blog posts are a great source of keeping a steady stream of users clicking on your referral link.
- Video content: If you produce video content like YouTube videos, this can be another excellent opportunity for sharing your referral link. Many platforms, including YouTube, allow links in video descriptions.
- Your podcast: Your podcast is a one-on-one conversation with your audience. You can promote your Folio referral link in your podcast by talking about what you love about the product and why you think your audience would love it too.
- Your website: If your website visitors have an interest in the Real Estate industry, then this is another great place for you to share your referral link.
What to say when you share your referral link:
Being part of our Referral program is really all about creating and providing value and perhaps the most natural way to do it is by making a recommendation. Whether you make it as a tutorial, a how-to-guide, or just by sharing some of the awesome assets that we have prepared for you, it’s all about providing value to your audience while being genuine.
An additional tip from us:
Disclose that you're a member of a Referral program
People like transparency, so mention that you're a member of Folio’s Referral Program and that you receive a commission rate if someone subscribes to Folio through your link. You can say it during your videos or podcasts or just include it as text somewhere in your blog post, website, etc.