Folio DocGPT is a Generative AI tool that allows you to get summaries and ask questions about PDFs in your inbox.
Here are just a few examples of questions you can ask DocGPT:
- "What are the main issues found in the home inspection report?"
- "Does the house have any lead-based paint?"
- "What are the deadlines listed in this doc?"
- "What were the property taxes for the prior year?"
Using Folio DocGPT
When you’re ready to check out DocGPT, click into a Smart Folder that contains emails with attachments. There are two ways to access the feature:
From the attachment
- Open your email with an attachment.
- Hover over your email attachment and click on the Folio logo.
- Click on “Analyze with Folio DocGPT”.
From the timeline sidebar
- Click into the documents tab in the Folio timeline sidebar.
- Next to each document, you’ll see the lightning bolt icon, which you can click on to activate DocGPT.
DocGPT will open up as a new window at the bottom of your Gmail inbox screen and look like this after you request a summary of the document.
To access the history of documents you’ve asked about and the questions you previously asked, click on the clock icon at the top of DocGPT window. You can close the window anytime by clicking on the X icon in the same area.
- This tool works with PDF documents that contain text. We are not able to provide insights about images or text inside images. Doc files and other text files are not supported yet.
- You can ask a maximum of 10 questions per document.
- If you are in the beta group and want to disable the feature for your account, please click this link.
- Our Google Drive integration does not have to be enabled.
- Your question history will be deleted when your Folio account is deleted.
If you have any questions or feedback about Folio DocGPT, please get in touch – we’d be happy to help.