You can now create smart folders for clients before you go into contract. These client smart folders organize emails exchanged between you and your clients automatically, making it easy to transition to a transaction once you go into contract.
In addition to the automatic email organization, Folio will provide you with the relevant information you have come to expect when you're working on a transaction. It will highlight all the attachments in one place, provide a space to add relevant contacts, and just like a transaction; you can then create and share a timeline with your client.
How do I create a client smart folder?
Folio will suggest client smart folders, which you can simply confirm. Otherwise, you can create one manually.
- Click on Add a Smart Folder (from the Folio button inside Gmail or the button on amitree.com/folio)
- Select the side you will represent
- Add your client(s) email address(es)
- Click Create Smart Folder
Folio will now look for email exchanges between you and that client(s) in the past 30-days. It will also sort new emails to the email folder.
How do I access my client smart folders?
You can find the organized emails inside your connected inbox under the Folio parent folder.
If you have the extension enabled, you will see it in the Folio sidebar.
Web and Outlook users will have access to the smart folders on the website (amitree.com/folio).
Note: Sharing client smart folders with a Folio collaborator is not currently supported. Meaning, they won't see the option to accept your version of the timeline. You need to convert it into an under contract type. See more details below.
What happens when we go into contract?
Great, now you can convert the smart folder to an "under contract" folder type. This will make the smart folder into a traditional transaction folder.
- Click on the Buyer/Seller button above the timeline (extension users click at the top of the sidebar in Gmail)
- Select the Buyer Under Contract or Seller Under Contract option from the dropdown
- Emails will now be filtered based on the property address to catch all the relevant emails (not just the client's email address)
- You can opt to apply your relevant templates