Now when you're done with a transaction, you can easily request a PDF containing all of the emails that are part of your smart folder. You'll be able to download the file, and store it wherever you need.
Note: The PDF does not include any attachments included in your emails.
How to download a PDF (Outlook and Web users)
- Visit your smart folder list on the website
- Find the smart folder you want to the PDF for
- Verify it's an "under contract" type
- Click the menu in the corner and select "Download emails as PDF"
- Within 24 hours you'll receive an email with a link to the PDF
How to download a PDF using the extension (Gmail)
- In Gmail, select your Smart Folder
- Verify it's an under contract type
- Find the 3-dot menu button on the top right of the sidebar and then click on "Download emails as PDF".
- Within 24 hours, you will receive an email with a link to the PDF file.
Frequently asked questions
Some of my emails are missing
Folio will only capture emails that are in the smart folder. If an important email is missing, make sure it's in the smart folder. You can manually move missing emails into the folder and then download.
Emails that were forwarded to your inbox will only show the top of the thread and the first response. It will not include the whole thread.
It's been over 24 hours, and I have not received the PDF email
A few scenarios could be impacting the delivery of your PDF.
- Is the folder for a client folder? PDFs are currently only available for "under contract" type smart folders; see how to convert them here and re-request
- Check your Spam, or Trash folders to verify the email did not end up there
- Add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts to avoid the above
- If you changed your email password recently, try logging into Folio again, and re-download
If the above does not help, contact email@example.com for further assistance.
I can't find the Folio sidebar button
- Are you viewing Gmail on Google Chrome with the Folio extension installed?
- Visit amitree.com and request it via the menu button.
The link does not work
- Verify when the email was received, it is only valid for seven days. Download a new PDF.
I got warning that the email contains a virus
- Due to the nature of the email and the link to PDF, some antivirus software may consider the email is malicious. Don't worry; it is safe.
- A common occurrence is with Avast Antivirus. Consider adding an exemption.